West Dorset ICD Support Group

Home | Group's Background | Meetings and Events | Biographies | Minutes of Meetings Pt 1 | Minutes of Meetings Pt 2 | Bulletin Board | Photo Album | Related Links | Contact Us

Minutes of Meetings

A meeting of the committee of the support group for ICD patients and carers in West Dorset was held via Zoom on Tuesday, 29th June 2021.

 

Attendance:

Tony Down (WDICDSG Committee member) TD

Alan Denton (WDICDSG Secretary) AD

Kay Elliott (Arrhythmia Nurse Specialist, Dorset County Hospital) KE

Jackie Down (WDICDSG Treasurer) JD

 

Apologies:

Juliet Quick (Arrhythmia Nurse Specialist, Dorset County Hospital) JQ

 

 

MEETING NOTES

 

Matters Arising from the Previous Committee Meeting held on Tuesday, 2nd March 2021

 

Meetings for 2021, subjects, speakers, formats, publicity KE had arranged speakers for the proposed group meetings to be held on 14th October 2021 and 20th January 2022. Dr Boston-Griffiths, Consultant Cardiologist DCH will give a presentation in October, and Rebecca Wetherall, Heart Failure Nurse, will give a presentation in January 2022.

 

The October meeting will be the first group meeting in person since January 2020, and given the circumstances, the committee felt it would be important to augment the publicity for the meeting with information designed to reassure members that the meeting will be conducted in a way that ensures we are ‘Covid safe'. Although it was not clear at the moment how the situation might develop by October, it was quite possible that at least some measures will still be in place to safeguard individuals, and so the information proposed will reflect the ‘best practice' advice at the time. The committee recognised that by the time of the first meeting in October the Dorford Centre will have been holding church services and other meetings for some time (if the roadmap proposing a relaxation of restrictions runs to plan) and their experience will inform how we run our meeting, including guidance about catering etc. KE agreed to compose a suitable communication so that this could be sent out to members with the agenda about two weeks before the meeting.

 

Recruiting a Chair It was agreed that efforts to recruit a new Chair for the Group will be redoubled around the time of the next Group meeting in October.

 

Protocols for sharing information or other items (e.g. photographs) on the group's website                   AD had drafted a proposed protocol for discussion. The group felt that the proposed procedure should include information about how permission to publish a person's image/name etc would be obtained and recorded. It was proposed that verbal permission would be acceptable. It should also be made clear that once given permission would be assumed to continue to apply to that particular data unless an individual or their representative requested the removal of their personal data from the public domain. The protocol also needed a date from which it would come into force, but all agreed that the measures proposed in the draft protocol should inform the actions of the Committee from the present time. KE said she believed this raised questions about the Group's website content, and in her view photographs currently on the website which identified individuals should be removed, as should minutes of previous meetings, as we could not show evidence that permission had been obtained to publish personal data from the individuals concerned. The committee felt that as such material was now quite old it would be a good time to make a new start and generally ‘tidy up' the website so that it became compliant with the measures proposed in the draft protocol prior to the protocol coming into force. KE agreed to share her suggestions about changes to the website content via email to provide the basis for appropriately ‘pruning' the material currently included.  

 

Review of joiner's questionnaire AD said he had incorporated the changes suggested at the last committee meeting, and the revised questionnaire form had now replaced the previous form.

 

Sponsorship for 2021/22 KE had heard from Boston Scientific with agreement to provide sponsorship for the group's meetings in October and January.

 

There were no further matters arising that are not covered under individual headings below.

 

 

Secretary's report: AD said he had had no new members since the committee last met, and therefore membership still stood at 58. He had continued to forward to members who had email any relevant e-communications from the BHF and Arrhythmia Association, such as newsletters, notices of online events etc. He had obtained a continuation of the Group's affiliation with the BHF until July 2022.  

 

Treasurer's Report: JD reported that the group's funds currently stood at £2137.74 in the bank, with an outstanding commitment of a £12.59 charge in respect of the website domain.

 

 

Date of next Committee meeting: The next committee meeting will be on Tuesday 21st September 2021 at 11.00am via Zoom.

 

Table of Actions

 

Date

Outstanding Actions

Action

September 2021

Prepare a suitable communication to members in respect of the Group meeting arrangements to demonstrate how the Group will maintain Covid security during meetings.

KE

September  2021

Continue to develop protocol in respect of personal information or images of members appearing in group documents or website, including how permission to publish would be obtained and recorded.

AD

July 2021

 Detail suggestions in respect of the current content of the Group's website in respect of removing personal information, and share with committee members

KE

August  2021

Carry out ‘pruning' of the Group's website to remove outdated material containing personal information and conduct a general ‘tidy up'. 

TD

 

 

       

 

A meeting of the committee of the support group for ICD patients and carers in West Dorset was held via Zoom on Tuesday, 29th June 2021.

 

Attendance:

Tony Down (WDICDSG Committee member) TD

Alan Denton (WDICDSG Secretary) AD

Kay Elliott (Arrhythmia Nurse Specialist, Dorset County Hospital) KE

Jackie Down (WDICDSG Treasurer) JD

 

Apologies:

Juliet Quick (Arrhythmia Nurse Specialist, Dorset County Hospital) JQ

 

 

MEETING NOTES

 

Matters Arising from the Previous Committee Meeting held on Tuesday, 2nd March 2021

 

Meetings for 2021, subjects, speakers, formats, publicity KE had arranged speakers for the proposed group meetings to be held on 14th October 2021 and 20th January 2022. Dr Boston-Griffiths, Consultant Cardiologist DCH will give a presentation in October, and Rebecca Wetherall, Heart Failure Nurse, will give a presentation in January 2022.

 

The October meeting will be the first group meeting in person since January 2020, and given the circumstances, the committee felt it would be important to augment the publicity for the meeting with information designed to reassure members that the meeting will be conducted in a way that ensures we are ‘Covid safe'. Although it was not clear at the moment how the situation might develop by October, it was quite possible that at least some measures will still be in place to safeguard individuals, and so the information proposed will reflect the ‘best practice' advice at the time. The committee recognised that by the time of the first meeting in October the Dorford Centre will have been holding church services and other meetings for some time (if the roadmap proposing a relaxation of restrictions runs to plan) and their experience will inform how we run our meeting, including guidance about catering etc. KE agreed to compose a suitable communication so that this could be sent out to members with the agenda about two weeks before the meeting.

 

Recruiting a Chair It was agreed that efforts to recruit a new Chair for the Group will be redoubled around the time of the next Group meeting in October.

 

Protocols for sharing information or other items (e.g. photographs) on the group's website                   AD had drafted a proposed protocol for discussion. The group felt that the proposed procedure should include information about how permission to publish a person's image/name etc would be obtained and recorded. It was proposed that verbal permission would be acceptable. It should also be made clear that once given permission would be assumed to continue to apply to that particular data unless an individual or their representative requested the removal of their personal data from the public domain. The protocol also needed a date from which it would come into force, but all agreed that the measures proposed in the draft protocol should inform the actions of the Committee from the present time. KE said she believed this raised questions about the Group's website content, and in her view photographs currently on the website which identified individuals should be removed, as should minutes of previous meetings, as we could not show evidence that permission had been obtained to publish personal data from the individuals concerned. The committee felt that as such material was now quite old it would be a good time to make a new start and generally ‘tidy up' the website so that it became compliant with the measures proposed in the draft protocol prior to the protocol coming into force. KE agreed to share her suggestions about changes to the website content via email to provide the basis for appropriately ‘pruning' the material currently included.  

 

Review of joiner's questionnaire AD said he had incorporated the changes suggested at the last committee meeting, and the revised questionnaire form had now replaced the previous form.

 

Sponsorship for 2021/22 KE had heard from Boston Scientific with agreement to provide sponsorship for the group's meetings in October and January.

 

There were no further matters arising that are not covered under individual headings below.

 

 

Secretary's report: AD said he had had no new members since the committee last met, and therefore membership still stood at 58. He had continued to forward to members who had email any relevant e-communications from the BHF and Arrhythmia Association, such as newsletters, notices of online events etc. He had obtained a continuation of the Group's affiliation with the BHF until July 2022.  

 

Treasurer's Report: JD reported that the group's funds currently stood at £2137.74 in the bank, with an outstanding commitment of a £12.59 charge in respect of the website domain.

 

 

Date of next Committee meeting: The next committee meeting will be on Tuesday 21st September 2021 at 11.00am via Zoom.

 

Table of Actions

 

Date

Outstanding Actions

Action

September 2021

Prepare a suitable communication to members in respect of the Group meeting arrangements to demonstrate how the Group will maintain Covid security during meetings.

KE

September  2021

Continue to develop protocol in respect of personal information or images of members appearing in group documents or website, including how permission to publish would be obtained and recorded.

AD

July 2021

 Detail suggestions in respect of the current content of the Group's website in respect of removing personal information, and share with committee members

KE

August  2021

Carry out ‘pruning' of the Group's website to remove outdated material containing personal information and conduct a general ‘tidy up'. 

TD